Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Beginning

Good Morning,

My name is Courtney Marble, I'm a senior in high school starting to take AP Biology.  I like to keep a healthy life style and to challenge myself. Music is my life! I love just about every type of music, from R&B to Country.  I have been playing the clarinet for eight years and have just started playing the tenor sax in the HS Jazz Band.  In addition to Jazz Band, I am also in Concert Band, Wind Ensemble, and the Community Orchestra.  I also like writing music!  Another thing I enjoy is running and sports.  I am a part of the SHS Girls Bowling Team and will be joining the Track and Field Team in the Spring.  Finally, I love science, mainly Chemistry.  I plan to go to Central Michigan University and major in biochemistry with a minor in Spanish.  With this major I plan to do medical research at a local hospital. 

I have decided to take AP Biology because it will help me tremendously in college.  It will help me be ready for the harder classes I will have to take at CMU.  With a major in biochemistry, I will have to take many biology and chemistry classes.  This is also a challenging course, that will push me to achieve my full potential. I like to be ahead of the game and with the higher level of information from this class, I will rise above others later in my college career.  Finally, I hope to take the AP Biology test in the Spring so I can start in higher level biology classes when entering college. 

I hope that the knowledge obtained from this class will help me go farther in college and later in life.  I want to get challenged and pushed, so I can realize my full potential.  I also want to step out of my comfort zone to ask questions and fully understand all the concepts of biology.  In the end, I want to be able to think about things more critically and in greater detail. 

3 comments:

  1. You picked a great class to help get you ready for the challenge of studying biochemistry. Hopefully today's class was an interested one for you and you should enjoy this class, especially unit one on biochemistry. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Nice Blog. I can't believe i've known you since 4th grade and I never knew we had so much in common! I mean I know we were AMAZING at the Rube Goldberg project, but I didn't know you were so interested in Science until recently. Maybe we will work together someday?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember that, that thing gave me a headache. I wasn't that interested in science until I took chemistry last year & it became my favorite class. We should work together again, we make a good pair!

    ReplyDelete